Dr Neal W Pollock to head up DAN’s 75th Diving & Hyperbaric Medicine Course
Do you want to get trained by a renowned diving and environmental physiologist? Dr Neal W Pollock will be heading up the DAN 75th Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine Course in May. This six-day course will be held at Little Cayman Beach Resort in Little Cayman from Saturday 3rd to Saturday 10th May 2014. The course is designed primarily for physicians. It may be of value to emergency medical personnel, paramedics, nurses and other professionals with interest in diving as well.
The program delivers a range of topics to orient participants to the state of the art of diving safety, diving medicine, hyperbaric medicine and environmental physiology. Classroom time includes lectures and interactive case studies sessions.
Presentation topics include:
- Medical and physical fitness to dive
- Diving safety – issues and current research
- Hyperbaric medicine – applications, protocols and mechanisms
- Decompression physiology and pathophysiology
- Diving injuries and management
- Considerations for thermal stress, altitude exposure, freediving and special populations
- Controversies in diving medicine
Further information is available here.